The politically motivated hysterical rush to take guns away from citizens and disarm innocent victims deserves an objective examination. Here are some questions that strike me as obvious no-brainers ignored by both the media and those that make political hay and seek more personal power by jumping on the bandwagon of disarming not just criminals but also the rest of us that might threaten their political power ambitions:
1. How can we ignore the fact that gun violence continues to steadily decline?
2. How can we ignore the fact that most mass shootings take place in gun-free zones?
3. How can we ignore the fact that it is impossible to disarm bad actors without resources and manpower required for an oppressive police state that would be a far worse threat to our freedoms than the shooters that the power seekers purportedly want to protect us from?
4. How can we ignore the fact that providing adequate official protection in gun-free zones would require a police state that we cannot afford either financially or politically not to mention the inevitable and far worse threat to our freedoms?
5. How can we ignore the fact that disarming innocent victims will only create more victims?
6. How can we ignore the fact that the only practical means to protect innocent victims are concealed-carry and arming ourselves?
7. How can we ignore the fact that gun laws are not intended to protect us and are merely a smoke screen for self-aggrandizement by power-seeking authorities?
8. How can we ignore the fact that protecting us from ourselves is the standard excuse used by power seekers, dictator wannabees, and all forms of collectivism around the world?
Shame on them for trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Shame on us for being gullible.